The project has developed a set of products that will be used during the implementation of demonstration and training activities. These include a software for the estimation of several parameters (evapotranspiration, yeld, water productivity, irrigation costs, etc), a Protocol for Wheat Phenology Measurements and a Farmers sheet for monitoring on-ground implementation.
Moreover, the 1st ACLIMAS Annual Meeting was organized on 12-13 December 2012 in Amman, Jordan, with the participation of more than 25 experts, and the representatives of SWIM-SM, the EU Delegation to Jordan and SWIM Sustain Water MED Demonstration Project. During the meeting the project’s progress and planned activities were presented and discussed including the shift of activities from Syria to Algeria.
As mentioned above the following products were produced and released:
- ACLIMAS Farmers sheet for monitoring of on-ground implementation, developed by LARI (Lebanon), is available in English and Arabic at www.aclimas.eu
The following training course are on-going or planned to take place in winter-spring 2013:
1. Training course on “Canopy Sensors and Measurements”, 25- 27 February, 2013, Maru research Station (NCARE), Irbid, Jordan (www.aclimas.eu)
2. Training course on “Principles and concepts of conservation agriculture”, 26-28 February, 2013, INRA, Settat, Morocco (www.aclimas.eu)
3. Training course on “Improving water productivity of the Mediterranean Agricultural Systems”, 12-14 March, 2013, INRA, Settat, Morocco (www.aclimas.eu)
4. Training course on “Climate smart agriculture: capacity building for extension services”, 19-21 March, 2013, LARI research station, Tal Amara, Lebanon (www.aclimas.eu)
5. Training course on “Conservation agriculture as an active measure to cope with climate change”, Maru research station (NCARE), Irbid, Jordan (www.aclimas.eu)
Moreover, five (5) field days with focus on different topics are also planned to take place in each Jordan, Lebanon and Morocco until end of August 2013